Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Review: 299 Days:The Collapse by Glen Tate

The Collapse is book two in the 299 Days series.  The story continues from the first book: The Preparation.

In The Collapse we see the main character (Grant) as he watches the continues to witness the collapse of society around him.  We also get snippets of local goings on from others' as we see some of the action in their third person points of view from a couple of Grant's acquaintances, including an individual who turns out to be quite disturbing.  Towards the end of the book we get some action that causes our hero to flee to his BOL (Bug Out Location).  He has to make a tough choice to do this, which I will not spoil for you.  Grant's connections through the gun shop and shooting range prove most helpful during this time of escape.

The premise and the writing style remain the same as I wrote about in the initial book review; simple and plain but engrossing.  This book, however, has less of the prepper instruction and more story building than the last.

And, again, the author's web page: 299 Days where you can again find a bonus chapter.  I have been printing the bonus chapters and using them as book marks, that way I can pass them on with the books when I finish and they land on a friend's bookshelf.

This review will be short as I don't want to give too much of the story away; but I do want to continue the reviews as I am still happy with the story.  At this point I am a couple chapters into book 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment