Thursday, April 12, 2012

Road Trip

Here's the scenario: You're going to drive for about a 1000 miles through mountainous terrain. There's still snow up in them-thar hills... WWYD?

I'm getting ready to head to see my in-laws for a week. My wife and I will be driving instead of flying this year as the cost to fly is ridiculous. It's almost a thousand miles to their place and we'll be driving over two mountain ranges.

Not wanting to end up a statistic like that poor family a few years back...I've got food, water, wool blankets, extra clothing (specifically WINTER clothing), first aid supplies, fire-making supplies, shelter material (a tarp and some paracord), a hand-held GPSr, and a real honest-to-goodness road atlas. Just in case the GPSr craps out.

Mind you, I'm not planning on taking a shortcut or leaving the main road...but you never know. Like I said in the earlier post. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Her folks know we are driving down, they know when we should arrive. My neighbor who is house-sitting knows when we are supposed to return. If we don't show up on either leg of the journey...someone will know that something isn't right.  It's always good to have people know when and where you are supposed to be.

What would you do?

What would you take?

What would you say is the most important thing to have in the vehicle?

Have a great weekend. If I get a chance I'll try to update the blog while I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment