Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Gear Review - GearRuk chest harness

http://atmosphereadventuregear.com/




I first saw this chest harness in The Sportsman's Guide. I've been wanting some sort of chest harness for a while now--and this one is a steal of a deal at $36 for the non-member price. I can wear this one with my Glock 21 when I go out to check the game camera at the far corner of my property and not get tangled up in the brush if I were to have it on my hip. I've got the game camera smack-dab in the middle of coyote country. They are becoming less scared of people and we have heard that the neighbors have seen cougar in the area as well. And to top that off--we now have a wolf pack moving south into our area. Those are something I really don't want to tangle with.

The great thing is the universal aspect of it. If your holster has a belt loop, you're good to go. Remove the screws, take off the holster you don't want on there, and then put on the one you do. I can switch from the Glock to the Taurus .44 holster in about two minutes tops. I'm going to give it a try mountain biking with my Glock 26 under a light fleece jacket. I doubt it will print at all.

These pictures are from the factory website. I will try to take some the next time I'm out checking my game camera. I've had the pleasure of talking to the owner of the company through Facebook (you can follow them) and he is a very nice guy. Check it out. For the price I don't think you'll be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment